Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Vacation, Here I Come!

I have been back to work at the bookstore since Sunday and have worked all of three days. This means it is time to go on a vacation. I am heading to North Carolina for fun and family reunion. Fourteen of my closest relatives and me. It should be a hoot.

Returning to work has not been too bad, except on my feet. Working in a bookstore is horrendously hard on your dogs. I have walked as much as 4.5 miles in an eight-hour shift, usually while carrying large piles of books.

I was touched and pleased that several customers came up to me to say that they had missed me and to ask how I was doing. The other staffers also said they missed me.

But I am going on vacation anyway.

I saw Dr. Schwartz again on Monday. He says my incision is healed and that the belly button is doing well.

I think I should stay out of his office for a while. I was sitting in the exam room waiting for him and I started doing that thing where you put your hands along the side of your face and pull back to see if you need a face lift. I am starting to get some vanity and I am not sure I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home