Saturday, June 10, 2006

Back to the Real World

I have been attempting to get things done around the house before I go back to work (tomorrow) and on vacation (next Friday).

I have finally gotten around to completing a professional website for myself. It is at http://www.nasw.org/users/vdebenedette. This is the website that will, I am hoping, increase the number and profitability of my writing assignments.

I am continuing to heal and feel almost fine. I still have a bit of soreness around the incision. My belly button is totally numb. I still have to wear a bandage on that since it is oozing just a bit.

I am continuing to walk. I did 2.5 miles on Thursday, in between rainstorms. I am hoping to get out today and walk, since it is nice and cool, but it is clouding up again as I am typing. I can start doing sit-ups tomorrow, according to Dr. Caputo.

Since I feel that I have been through a lot this year, I decided to treat myself and bought an MP3 player. I got a Sandisk Sansa e150, which has 2 gigabytes, an FM tuner, a voice recorder, and can display a couple of photos. The display screen is tiny, so I won’t be uploading photos and I don’t care about the voice recorder, but I like the memory size and the FM capability. It uses one AAA battery, which means no having to recharge it or throw it away when the rechargeable battery dies.

As with anything electronic, the minute you buy a device, you hear about a much better model. There is now an MP3 player that is also a portable satellite radio player. Oh well. Next time.

Everyone has commented on how thin I look. I have lost about 15 pounds or so, with about 10 of that coming off during the surgery. Now that my stomach is really flat, however, my upper abdomen looks really fat. There is just no pleasing me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home